The catch- word for the government sponsored social service programme is "Not me but you". The objective of this programme is ‘service to community//. It seeks to arise the social consciousness among students and provide them with opportunities to work with people creatively and constructively and to put the education they receive to concrete social use. In process these programmes help students to develop thir personality and experience. These objectives are sought to be achieved by enabling the students to :
1. Understand the community in which they work.
2. Understand themselves in relation to their community.
3. Identify the needs and problems of the community and to look for solutions in which they can be involved.
4. Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
5. Apply their education in finding practical solutions to the problems of the individual and of the community.
6. Develop competence required for group living and sharing responsibilities.
7. Gain skills in mobilizing community participation.
8. Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes.
9. Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters.
10. Practice national integration.
National Service Scheme programme include a special seven day day-night camp in an adopted slum area imparting education and rendering community service. A certificate is awarded to each student who participates as an N.S.S. volunteer regularly two years and completes at least one special camp. There are ten units of N.S.S. in our college, three units for girls and seven units for boys. 100 volunteers enroll per unit hence 1000 students enroll as NSS volunteers each year.
The names of the programme officers are :
1. Dr. Ashok Kumar Pandey (In-charge): Department of Mathematics
2. Dr. Umesh Pratap Singh: Department of Eco
3. Dr. Rajesh Kumar Garg: Department of Hindi
4. Dr. Sanjay Kumar Mishra: Department of Botany
5. Dr. Sonali Chaturvedi: Department of Botany
6. Dr. Ashima Ghosh: Department of Political Sci
7. Dr. Anil Kumar Shukla: Department of Mathematics
8. Dr. Ashok Kumar Pathak: Department of Physics